It is no more possible to submit panel proposals.
The International Conference on Language Variation in Europe, ICLaVE8 invites submissions for panels in all areas related to language variation in European languages, including extraterritorial varieties. Panel proposals must be written in English and should be submitted electronically by (one of the) the panel organizer(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for panel submission is 31. August 2014. Notification of acceptance will be sent out by 30. September 2014. Authors may submit two abstracts (either singly-authored or jointly-authored), whether in a panel or not.
Panels at ICLaVE8 will have a maximum duration of 10 slots (including intro and / or discussion session); 6 and 7 slots panel sessions are also available. We will admit a limited number of such panels. The panel can be thematically organized, but data sessions are also welcome. Additional presentations may be added to the panel with the consent of the panel organizer.
Proposals should include:
- A general overview text of 500 words max. including: the topic and how it relates to the conference theme, the rationale for the panel and its aims and objectives,
- some key discussion questions, information on how the session will be organized (discussion format, number of papers, discussants/participants), etc.
- a list of invited contributors (name, affiliation, email address) plus full abstracts of the contributions (including information on the subject, methodology and theoretical framework(s))
Panel organizers should:
- coordinate the submission of abstracts by contributors (max. 500 words each) before the deadline,
- submit the proposal following the template for panel proposals by 31. August 2014 and confirm that all invited contributors have agreed to participate,
- act as mediators between the contributors and the Conference Organizing Committee,
- make sure that the participants submit their papers, Power Point presentations or data samples to him/her in advance of the conference for circulation to all panel members,
- chair their panel at the conference.
Panel proposels will be reviewed by two or more reviewers.
Deadline for panel submission: 31. August 2014
Notification of acceptance: 30. September 2014
Deadline for revised panels/paper submission: 01. April 2015
Send panel proposals to: email@example.com