The 23rd biennial conference of the European Association for Chinese Studies (EACS) will be held in Leipzig from 25 August 2020 to 29 August 2020. Local organisation is provided by the Institute of East Asian Studies, Leipzig University.
Scholars of Chinese Studies from Europe and beyond are invited to submit their proposals for contributions in these categories:
- Archeology & Material Culture
- Chinese as a Second Language
- Contemporary Arts, Performing Arts & Art History
- Gender & Queer
- History (Modern)
- History (Premodern)
- History of Science and Technology
- Language & Linguistics
- Literature (Modern)
- Literature (Premodern)
- Philosophy & Intellectual History
- Politics (Domestic)
- Politics (International Relations)
- Sinology & Sociology of Scientific Knowledge
- Sinophone Worlds
- Sociology & Anthropology
The board accepts proposals in the following formats of participation:
- Panel proposal: max. 250 words, including the name of the panel organiser, the chair, participants, and optionally a discussant; 3–4 paper abstracts with a maximum of 250 words for each abstract.
- Individual paper proposal: max. 250 words
- Alternative formats: max. 250 words, when applicable, please include the name of the organiser, the chair, and participants with an explanation of the chosen format (e.g. workshops and tutorials, film screenings) and presentation/contribution abstracts (max. 250 words each).
Applications must be submitted online at the conference’s webpage before January 6, 2020, 6 pm CET for a double-blind evaluation by an international board of referees. Scholars who have submitted their proposals by this deadline will be notified of their acceptance to the conference before March 31, 2020. The language of the conference is English.